To be eligible for an Our Time Has Come Scholarship Program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must identify as an African American/Black or Latino/Hispanic,
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.,
- You must be enrolled full-time on the main campus of Syracuse University. Scholarships are NOT awarded for part-time or summer study,
- You must have a current FAFSA on file,
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (the average GPA of scholarship recipients for 2018-19 is 3.5).
The scholarships are based on need. In other words, you must have a need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid (based on your FAFSA). Once need is determined, awards are made based on academic merit.
The program offers eligible students leadership skills and mentorship by Syracuse University alumni and friends, in addition to a monetary scholarship. Our scholars are given an opportunity to enhance their Syracuse University education. We provide encouragement, motivation, and support to students from all disciplines.
We are looking for students with a strong interest in volunteering, leadership training, and joining a supportive community of scholars.
To begin your application:
- share the recommender form with three people (two must be faculty or staff)
- complete the OTHC application form
As part of the application process, an interview will be conducted.